View Single Post
Old 02.10.2008, 12:34 PM   #35
UVRAY
bad moon rising

UVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
However I speak relatively as all British music is irrelevant.

What a stupid and ignorant thing to say.

As has already been mentioned I am reticent to mention The Jesus And Mary Chain. It's sad how they crashed. So I cannot credit them as relevant anymore. Influencial, yes. But no longer relevant in the contemporary sense.

Many people have already mentioned some of the greats.

I would also mention The Spacemen 3 as an important indie band of the late eighties/early nineties.

But I think music on both sides of the Atlantic is somewhat languishing at the moment. We are in one of those vacuous periods when no one seems to be breaking new ground creatively.

There has been a resurgence of good guitar based music over the last few years. People who can play.

But as far as something really shattering and earth shaking is concerned - well, I might be wrong, but I can't think of anyone generating the kind of excitement that even Sigue Sigue Sputnik did in the eighties - I mean they were short lived but they made a real splash at the time.

It's not always about the music. Some substitute virtuosity for inspiration. Real music is about IDEAS! New and exciting ideas.

Sorry. I went off on one. But I'm sure you music lovers understand.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

UVRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|