View Single Post
Old 12.17.2014, 11:19 AM   #18396
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
^^

another movie i remember from that era was "go fish." i remember liking it a lot when in was new but on rewatch i found it kind of laughable in its didacticity. eh, if you're in the mood for lesbian theory in st mark's place circa 1994 check it out (but if you hate it you've been warned).

you've probably already seen hardware which is british and not american but otherwise fits your definition. if you haven't-- on the one hand it's a very derivative cyberpunk film (plagiarizes a lot from its predecessors) but on the other hand it manages to give its own particular kind of finger to the world.

the year punk broke! you've heard of that? ha ha

anyway here's an obscure short from new zealand from around 80s/90s which can serve as an appetizer for your features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMD41cHN1oo

--

ETA: my favorite hangover film. so soothing. use it as palate cleanser.

http://vimeo.com/66720845

ETAA: while not american or "indie" greenaway from that era is pretty great... belly of an architect / cook thief wife etc / pillow book (some people hate pillow book but the sight of vivian wu in that film is enough for me to induce altered states). also: since you got recommended the wayne wang/paul auster films (those are more late-90s) that reminded me of an auster-based film from 1993, "the music of chance," which was pretty good-- imdb says its directed by one philip haas--who also did angels and insects (can't be the composer, can it?). also (free association) noam chomsky's "manufacturing consent" is from that era if you wanna look @ another docu.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|