View Single Post
Old 04.02.2006, 08:01 AM   #47
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
#4 ATP 04 / Camber Sands.
The whole weekend was immense but Sonic Youth curated Saturday was particularly special. They had the Jerk on TV which we watched while eating pizza and drinking beer. Black Dice slayed me. I was amazed. After their set I walked in a straight line to the merch room and bought three of their records. Then I went and caught the end of Dream Aktion Unit. Along with Black Dice, Wolf Eyes were the highlight of the weekend for me. These were two bands that were getting a lot of underground hype at that time and I was eager to see them. Seeing them, I decided that the hype was not unwarranted. What I mean to say is Wolf Eyes were shredding like fuck.
Vincent Gallo sucked. I later met him and Kim Gordon and shook their respective hands.
Sonic Youth were good. The only thing was, not having heard Nurse, the new material sounded too similar to Murray Street. Having had my horizons exploded by Black Dice and Wolf Eyes, SY were treading too familiar territory at that point in time. Their set was good and all... it just seemed like more of the same to me at that point... I remember thurston slapping his guitar with his lead and Kim looking pissed off at him.
The next day, my friend and I were hanging outside the merchandise room, waiting for it to open when suddenly this tall guy emerged, towering over us. It was thurston. We stared at him, dumbfounded. He looked back at us for a few seconds then vanished.

SET LIST
Love You Golden Blue
Empty Page
Unmade Bed
Stones
Plastic Sun
Pattern Recognition
Mote
New Hampshire
Paper Cup Exit
Dude Ranch Nurse
White Kross