View Single Post
Old 04.01.2006, 08:12 PM   #41
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
The only SY show I've ever been to was on 6/21/03 at Bogart's in Cincinnati. I was living in Nashville at the time and so I took a road trip by myself up to Ohio. The drive took four hours and I listened to SY the entire trip.

I don't remember the setlist. There were several songs from Murray St. And Making the Nature Scene was particularly awesome. I also remember Thurston playing Peace Attack in an embryonic form. It was pretty loud, but not insanely loud. I remember thinking that the bass was too loud.

On the drive back, I stopped and got some Cincinnati chili because I'm a big chili fan and wanted to try Cincinnati's unique take. I sat in my beat-up Chevy Blazer and ate chili and then drove home.

I'm a big fan of the solitary road trip. In 2001, I drove from Nashville to Panama City, FLA and listened to Radiohead and Genesis most of the trip. I took pictures of random Dairy Queens and shit like that. However, my two trips from Savannah to Baton Rouge and back this past year were not very fun. That is too far to drive by yourself.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|