View Single Post
Old 12.01.2010, 04:11 AM   #83
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
This thread had so great impact to me, that I just listened all the stuff Sonic Youth made after EVOL (I even listened the studio versions for Kill Yr Idols and Early American from youtube)!! I was going to listen only Confusion, but I wanted to listen Confusion concentrating only in it (watching the lyrics from the paper), so I decided to put first mini-lp on, when was doing some homework. And after that I listened Flower, Halloween, Brother James, Satan is Boring and the whole Bad moon rising. Finally in the evening I had time to listen Confusion with the earphones! In this morning I listened also Sonic Death. And I have to say they all just so great, great albums!!! Maybe I at least totally understand their value!!! I have always thought that Making the nature is just a boring song but now I think it truly belongs into confusion. I still think those albums are kind of searching time in their career but what a great results it brought!!!

Itīs kind of fascinating that those every four albums are little different. I think it is caused because there is different drummer in every album. I think Confusion would not be so full of energy and powerful frustraded if there had been Bob Bert on drums (well he is on two tracks). But in the other hand Bob Bert fits just fine in Bad Moon Rising mostly harmonic atmosphere. And Richard Edison is just the right drummer on the first mini-lp, his clear sounded drumming fits well in the totally clear guitars. And Sonic Death is so unique, itīs more a work of art than a rockalbum (I donīt say rock isnīt art, I mean that the Sonic Death has kind of two entities, not songs, itīs kind of pre-syr-album).

I have to say that Sonic Youth is great example of democracy in rock bands (maybe only) because every member have a great impact on their albums. I think NYC ghost and Flowers, Murray Street and Nurse differs from Rather ripped because Jim was with those three albums. And also Eternal is a little different because there is Mark.

By the way it is heard very well in the early live in the Goofin re-release that Sonic Youth isnīt ready in that time. On the other hand I think there is better versions for Good and the Bad and Sheīs not alone than there is in first mini-lp. I think in some cases the first version is the best in songs, some need the evolution. In my opinion Stil and slapkammer are better than Snare and inneffable.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|