View Single Post
Old 10.26.2012, 10:31 AM   #224
gkmachine
empty page

gkmachine has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Hi Chris,
Thanks for that....much appreciated.
I have no idea when that album was signed....I got it on discogs or ebay a few years ago....the seller was pretty new and made only a brief mention of it being signed (I think he thought the pen on the sleeve might devalue it like it was defaced!!!).
There was only ever one signing here in Glasgow where I'm from and that was in Rat Records during Daydream Nation tour. I was speaking to someone else about it yesterday - Dep, who runs Monorail records - and he said he also got a copy of BMR signed, along with about 500 other people....so maybe not as rare as I'd like!
I found a forum that also makes mention of the 'memorable' signing by SY in Rat. I remember being around at that time and some of my friends got their copies signed but I never was quick enough to think about bringing LPs I'd already bought (and not having enough cash to buy another album). At that time I did have a copy of BMR...but I sold that long, long ago, maybe 20 years ago when short of cash.
But back to this copy. It's confusing because I can't make out whose signature is whose, other than Lee Ranaldo's. They're pretty illegible. There's one that looks a bit like B+B, which makes me think Bob Bert...but I'm not even sure of that. I'm not familiar with how their signatures look. If anyone can look at the photo of the back and identify any of them that would be great.....
...anyway...thanks again. Gordon
As for my copy, well, I find it quite confusing. Firstly, the signatures are quite messy
gkmachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|