View Single Post
Old 06.05.2015, 10:44 AM   #47828
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Yeah, I saw this last week. Damn good.

Why, I wonder, does David Letterman love the fucking Foo Fighters so much? I can't imagine they're really his favorite band. I can't imagine that he sits around groovin to x-static or watershed while he's hanging out at home.

"Everlong" is such a crap song. The one from the Colour & he Shape era (the last FF album that I actually listened to more than once) was always "My Hero." I still love that song, even though it's alt-radio Rock to the core. It's just a really powerful, kickass song that makes me think of Kurt Cobain, whether that's the point or not.

Video was excellent as well. But Everlong? Boring.

From what I have read the song Everlong really touched him after the birth of his baby Harry. It's his fave song, he says, for emotional reasons. Dave has always loved loud rock, and thoughtful singer-songwriters. He IS from Indiana you know...