View Single Post
Old 10.10.2013, 03:17 AM   #57
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Yeah, its not the more groundbreaking SY material, but it genuinely feels like a syncretic blend of ALL the sounds that are sonic youth. It has elements of the chaotic Sonic Death era, it has the lyrical styles of the Sister/EVOL era, it has the harmonic guitar work that typified Daydream Nation, it has the grooving danceable bass lines of Goo/Dirty, it has the "ballads" and snark of Washing Machine, it went for the almost noir bridgework of A Thousand Leaves, had the creative jamming explorations that were Sonic Nurse, and finally had the more pop rocking sounds of Rather Ripped spread through out. THAT is why I ended up putting it in my top-5, because in a way, it sounds like ALL Sonic Youth records merged into one, and for that alone I was impressed..
I agree fully! After few first listening of Eternal I thought it was their Sgt.Pepper. I´m not thinking that way anymore, but anyway I think it´s as great as DDN, Goo, Dirty, Murray, Nurse & RR.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|