View Single Post
Old 12.14.2011, 05:18 AM   #1126
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
France remind me of Mario Balotelli: obviously very good but prone to self destruct in the most spectacular of ways. As opposed to say Italy, who are as boring when they implode as when they succeed.

I tip Germany to win the Euros. I don't think they're as good as Spain but possibly more consistent and less likely to get caught by a sucker punch. I've not seen any of Holland's games since the World Cup final but the quality of their squad makes them obvious contenders, too.

I quite like how, since the World Cup, England's chances in the Euros have been played down by our media. Even with everyone fit and playing well there seems to be a broad consensus that our squad simply isn't good enough to win it. To me, they're neither as bad as some of their fiercest critics would have us believe, or as good as the few rose tinted fans that're left, still insist. Personally I'd be happy if we get to the Semis, which I think is the most we can reasonably expect. We still seem like only half a side, with a majority of our once key players either past their best (Lampard, Cole, Terry, Gerrard, Ferdinand) or unpredictable (Rooney). What's left are some potentially very good young players (Richards (if Capello even selects him), Jones, Young, Sturridge, Baines) who likely won't reach their full potential until maybe the next World Cup - without even then being serious world beaters. Of the rest, only Scott Parker seems at the peek of his abilities right now, but even he lacks real big game experience.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|