Thread: Sonic 2016
View Single Post
Old 03.31.2016, 11:58 AM   #89
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
There's a recording floating around of Lee playing with the Master Musicians of Jajouka in Holland circa 2003/4. It's good, but from what I remember Lee is pretty restrained and lets the MMJ do their thing.

Yeah, I've got a set like that if not the same one, and your characterization is accurate. As it should be really. I shared a LR/MMJ track recorded at their village festival here once (from Cool Beans zine) with Lee higher in the mix droning over the MMJ, always wanted to hear more of that and any other Lee in Morroco stuff. I didn't realize until Lee's Instagram post that the whole SY band joined the MMJ live on stage in Granada, Spain though. I'll have to look for that if it is not an imminent SYR/SY archival release.
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|