View Single Post
Old 12.26.2008, 06:50 AM   #59
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Doubt can always be cast. Maybe I'm not actually the guy who usually posts as atsonicpark, replying to you right now ohhhhh! I'm sure if you search around enough on the web, it was confirmed it was a band member. I just don't feel like it, as there's really no point to be proved here. I did click on a few links, all sharing variations of the same story, and it seems legit, but you never know.

However, regarding the ethical stance of downloading albums, well... long before I had high-speed internet, I remember listening to albums with my friends that they had purchased that I had no intention of purchasing myself, and I was glad I heard the album, but I never intended to buy the thing. There's still tons of albums I've heard that I enjoyed that I don't have physical (or digital) copies of. Personally, that's the case with me here.. and in the case of Chinese Democracy, for example... I'm glad I heard this album but I don't plan on burning it for myself or buying a copy or anything. Just because you don't personally spend your money on an album, I think you still have the right to hear it. Hell, most bands put their entire albums streaming for free on myspace now -- because they want people to hear them, amongst anything else.

As far as people posting links on here, perhaps it is pointless, as all you have to do is type in "animal collective" "merriweather post pavillion leak" "blogspot" into google and it'll come up.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|