View Single Post
Old 05.03.2007, 10:11 AM   #16
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
The band played well, but I'm taken aback by their choice of song ("She Took My Money") which is extra heavy-duty vocal and riff-repetitive.

I mean, here you have millions getting a chance to hear Ron, and he never did anything but play barres.
The same goes for original Fun House saxophonist Steve MacKay who was also onstage (& appears on The Weirdness), but unfortunately, played nothing but a straight-ahead simple blues riff the whole time.

I suspect they chose that to fit in with the restrictions for performing on a TV show like that. No wild guitar heroics or antics, just a solid song that may go over quite well with the viewers. You could consider the Stooges performing anywhere on TV a small victory in itself.