View Single Post
Old 12.04.2015, 11:57 PM   #47552
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I always loved Terror Twilight. "Spit On A Stranger" is one of the prettiest songs of their career. And what about "The Hexx"? "Major Leagues"? "Folk Jam"? "You Are A Light"? "Ann Don't Cry"? Just a solid solid album that gets slept on. I mean it sounds like Malk's first solo album in reality... but it's fucking stellar. (All the TT bsides were great too)

"Spit On A Stranger" might be my fav Pavement song of all time tho. Serious.

S&E is total classic. I adore that album. OMG. "Summer Babe," "Perfume V," "Loretta's Scars," "Unfair," "Zurich Is Stained," "Here", "In The Mouth Of a Desert" - everything!!! I mean I could just name every song and put "!!!" after it.

Westing... is alright. Fun lo-fi companion, but nothing amazing to me. Except "Box Elder" Holy shit great song.

Crooked Rain is fantastic. "Cut Your Hair" was the first track I ever heard by them and I was in love. It's not my fav Pavement album, but I probably return to it more than most others.

Wowee Zowee is kind of hit or miss for me. I love a lot of it, but it feels like a longer album than I need it to be. But I mean, "Grounded" and "Father To A Sister Of Thought" and "Rattled By The Rush".......... ugh. This band! THIS BAND! I love this band so so much.

Brighten The Corners is like... I don't know. It sounds like radio Pavement. Which isn't bad by any means. I think it sounds bad when I say it but I love this record. This is like poppy Pavement that you can expose people to. It's just so good and fun. This album has so many classics... "Shady Lane," "Stereo," "Type Slowly," "Embassy Row," "We Are Underused" - see another album where like every song is worthy of mentioning...

Pavement to me was always way up there w/ SY. One of those bands I gave a fuck about tracking down bsides and all.