View Single Post
Old 12.04.2015, 09:59 PM   #47551
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
yeah. what's up with you two? is there some instigated beef I missed? or Genteel steal Soup's password?

hey Sev, if Brighten the Corners is your least favorite, then how do you feel about Terror Twilight? the songs are good but doesn't fit the production. it's a nice swan song. yeah, I don't really put them on as much as I did in my late teens and early 20's, but they still charm.

and tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind seeing your top Pavement tracks. I'm just now getting around to gather some early singles and 10inches that I didn't own on vinyl.

Actually, I probably do prefer BTC to Terror Twilight. Both great albums, but Terror was a weird one to go out on. A bit anticlimactic.

As for songs, I really haven't thought about it in forever, but off the top of my head in rough order it would probably go like this:

1. Texas Never Whispers
2. Kennel District
3. Starlings of the Slipstream
Silence Kit
Fin
Summer Babe (winter version)
Grounded
Trigger Cut…
Loretta's Scars
Frontwards
Greenlander
Home
Shoot the Singer (1 sick verse)
Spit on a Stranger
Perfume-V
Carrot Rope

I need to listen to Westing again. It's been a while. I've also always liked Gangsters and Pranksters, though why? I don't know. Mostly the ones I picked are the ones that made my heart ache for nerdy art school girls back in the day. I think "Texas Never Whispers" is just a triumph of chaotic fuzz rock. A more intense song, I don't believe they ever wrote.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|