View Single Post
Old 03.18.2016, 06:40 PM   #19202
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
oh fuck! yeah, I still love Pulp Fiction. just, Jackie Brown is summertime fun and more kicked back than Pulp. plus it's got THE soundtrack. I prefer it for other reasons too. it was that Quentin movie you couldn't wait to see.

I feel compelled to point out that it also almost killed his career. Critics were mixed about it, and audiences were like, "what the fuck is this shit?" because it's so completely and utterly different from Pulp Fiction.

I liked it from the get-go. One of Samuel Jackson's best performances, and it had fucking Robert DeNiro in it, making the Tarantino/Scorsese really come into focus. And yeah, the soundtrack was incredible.

But he experienced a huge comeback with Kill Bill, which might be the only reason Jackie Brown is viewed as a success, despite not living up to critical expectations.

Man I love Kill Bill. Been forever since I last saw it but I preferred it to even Pulp Fiction for a time.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|