View Single Post
Old 01.04.2008, 01:53 AM   #3
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
cuz they fucking suck? seriously, i can't believe how fucking awful this song sounds since they "revived" it in 2000. drop the needle on 'dirty' sideA..that shit KILLS. watch letterman 92--FUCKIN RIGHTEOUS. and now? i dunno, they did a pretty solid version opening for pearl jam a couple years back, but it still had nothing on those classic versions.

maybe they just wanna keep it bare nowadays. i dunno. i still remember them workin' it out again @ soundcheck in providence, and then i saw a video from backstage at ATP 3 or 4 years later and they still can't remember how to play it! 3 notes!

sorry. i love you sonic youth. "100%" is a killer tune but i think the slightly reduced speed + greatly reduced 'noise' on the 21st century live versions has greatly hindered a powerful track.

oh, and bring back the harmonics on 'bull in the heather' or don't bother.

(then again, it always strikes me when i hear these songs live that they really do energize the crowd, so maybe there's something to them being singles? i mean, bull in the heather is a fucking seriously classic song but the LP version is *untouchable*, just a perfect recording, and as much as i love hearing that big G kick in live, i don't get that much of a thrill from it. but it seems like the crowds do. so thats good!)
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|