View Single Post
Old 09.16.2013, 09:36 PM   #157
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
atari, thanks (and it's good to see you around)!

I was hesitant to check out the NPR link as I don't want to hear that obscure "Forgotten Tune" yet as I plan to purchase the box-set. The rest of that program is worth a listen, though (enjoying it now).

I'm familiar with a lot of the material. Most of it has circulated in trading circles/torrent sites for years. It is my understanding even the Steve Albini original mix has been released by Geffen Records at some point already... This reissue is still an interesting object to me, though, even if it would cost crazy bucks (don't remember if the "Nevermind" reissue was as costly, probably it was) and I think there could be a horrible loudness-war remaster there, too, which in my case would not make me happy in the slightest. Really looking forward to the "Live and Loud" DVD and CD, though. It's great to know an universally acclaimed performance will finally get an official release in its full form.

As a side note, just the other day I was reading Tom Hansen's "American Junkie", and found a mention of that Live and Loud show, which had more to do with Kurt Cobain's heroin addiction at the time, as opposed to providing any sort of context in regards to that particular Nirvana performance.
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|