View Single Post
Old 11.05.2007, 12:20 AM   #129
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
smarter business decision? i highly doubt ian curtis would have so many fans if he hadnt of killed himself. 'sides, hardley anyone gives a fuck about pearl jam. kurts making a shitload more money dead...haha...mother fucker as of last year sold more albums than ELVIS.

ian curtis is so apples and oranges, dude was a manic depressive guy, "exploited" it on his lyrics (i don't think that, i think he was just being honest, but you can argue about it), BUT didn't dive into feeling worst or presenting himself as being worse than he was to the point for his art and image that he became that. AND joy division when they were around were not even a tenth as famous as nirvana were in their prime.

have you checked what kind of arenas pearl jam play? i can't stand them but dudes sell millions and pack arenas worldwide. my point was that eddie vedder also played the role of troubled artist but didn't become as self absorbed into that roled as kurt cobain and, therefore, could continue his career, whether nirvana fucking ended yet they sell records like crazy (that's why i put "smarter" in quotation marks).

and that remark about how much they sell, well, that's what i meant in my previous post, dude wouldn't want it any other way.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|