View Single Post
Old 06.29.2007, 02:12 PM   #12
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Lots of cities in the USA have banned smoking indoors, and within 30 feet of doorways and entrances. I can understand banning it in government offices and such, but I have said it before and I will say it again that it is FASCIST and UNCONSTITUTIONAL for the government to dictate who a business owner can and should serve. It is the owner's prerogative!

Think about this. they claim that it is for the public good, but what they are doing is putting the desires of a minority over the desires of a majority, and forcing everyone to accept it.

a bar owner, or any proprietor, has the right o refuse service to anyone, and has the right to serve anyone he/she wishes. That means, constitutionally, that a bar owner can refuse service to non smokers and serve only smokers IF HE SO DESIRED. By federal law, and local and state law now, that proprietor's rights have been taken away. he is forced to serve who he is told to serve.

If you do not like ducks, do not go to a duck pond. You cannot ask for the ducks to be removed from the pond so you can ejoy the pond. If you do not liek smoke, DON'T GO TO BARS! It is a simple as that.

Like Chris Rock said, "first they make sure you cannot smoke in bars, what next? are they gonna outlaw drinking and talking too?"

It is a fucking precedent setter I think, which will come back to bite us all in the ass. if they can do this "for the public good" then they will use it as an example to get rid of anything else they deem not for the "public good", which could be anything from skin mags, to candy, to extreme sports, to watching TV

fuck this makes me so mad.

Luckily here in Hosuton most abr owners have told the city to FUCK OFF (because it is their RIGHT) and since there are only like 10 inspectors in a city with over 5000 restaurants and bars, fuck em right?