View Single Post
Old 04.13.2006, 09:32 AM   #33
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
there were a lot of people on this board happily circulating a bootleg of the concert that went on to become SYR6. A bootleg for christ's sake! A bootleg of a CD that was for a charitable cause. I can imagine these are the same people who are refusing to download rather ripped.

the concert took place on 4/12/2003, & SYR 6 didn't come out until 12/06/2005. So let me see if I have your logic correct, whorefrost. People who enjoy listening to & collecting Sonic Youth bootlegs are to be faulted because they are not psychics that would know that a certain performance was eventually going to be released as an SYR? The recording existed & was being traded around. It started circulating before SYR 6 was ever announced. After the SYR 6 plans were revealed, some people (including myself) did share & download it, yes, but I still think yours is a misplaced analogy. So you would consider, whorefrost, that providing 25 ysi download links for an audience recording is really the same as putting a unreleased studio recording on a peer-to-peer network? Damn, you're one hard-line fundamentalist there when you want to be. (when it's convenient for you to be for effect only) You go on to rip on yr Rather Ripped rip & call the album "one of their weakest." That's okay, only a few of us here have any class. Maybe you should start a charity for people without any.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|