View Single Post
Old 01.22.2009, 02:18 PM   #5169
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I'm trying to remember what rating I gave Pineapple Express way back when. I think 3/10. Hated all the characters, hated the uhm "story", and didn't really know what it was trying to be. It wasn't a comedy, since it wasn't funny; it had some weird bro-love bullshit and some admittingly cool action scenes, but I dunno. Very weird, too, I saw it in a packed theater and there were no laughs.. just some chuckles. And I have a pot smoking friend whose favorite genre is stoner movies and even he thought it was one of the worst films he's ever seen. Everyone I talk to in real life who has seen it hates it... with good reason. It sucks ass.

Then, you get on the internet and everyone thinks it's the greatest movie ever made. Very bizarre. Admittingly, I saw it 3 days after my aunt died, and my girlfriend took me to it to cheer me up, and I probably wasn't in the right mood to watch it, but I dunno. As much as I didn't like it, I feel somewhat intrigued to try to re-watch it now giving the glowing reviews from certain people whose opinion I usually respect. It wouldn't be the first time I changed my mind about a movie.....

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|