View Single Post
Old 06.02.2010, 11:22 AM   #87
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
which is kinda why if i were christian i'd return to the catholic baa-baa herd instead of going for the free-interpretation derangement that protestantism opened the door to. nothing wrong with authority if it prevents the lunatics from taking over the asylum. lesser of 2 evils & what not.

'
thats the route I went, I'm an orthodox proselyte, because I was sick of all the individualism in interpreting Christianity. I needed some kind of theological common ground and a common tradition/worship method which could be mutually shared, not argued about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
This is, sadly, the beauty of John - revelation is a fucking brilliant book, but it's so fantastically ambiguous that pretty much anyone, at any point, can inscribe temporal eschatology. Millenarians, Joachimism and so on. End days strikes me as an important metaphysical perimeter, but it's excessively dangerous when used as political collateral.

agreed. revelations should not be used for politics, it is a mythological narrative of the individual voyage of religious self discovery, the fighting against our own personal demons, and forging a cosmic understanding of a person's place in life, but by no means is a Cliffnotes to the end of the world. It is meant to be a guideline for a metaphysical introspection.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|