View Single Post
Old 03.14.2007, 08:20 AM   #142
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
The Mars Volta? Sucking? Nooooooooo

I Love music that creates a strong sense of image, time and place. I get this in a big way with 'Delused' and 'Frances the Mute'. You put your headphones and you can be right there on the outskirts of El Paso in the middle of an acid trip.

I can understand why people might not like The Mars Volta. The first time I listened to them I thought they were overblown and their music was too chaotic. But I suppose its like Sonic Youth...searching for the beauty in the middle of all that chaos.

I explain this in relation of SY here: http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...692#post308692