View Single Post
Old 11.11.2016, 04:31 PM   #1706
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
False choice, symbols. People (myself included) need to work on acceptance of the situation.
why is it taking you so long though? i accepted it tuesday night, spent it sleepless, crashed on wednesday, slept 16 hours, woke up refreshed.

notice that i'm not asking you to suppress your emotions. im asking you to reconsider your choice of thought. which is: yes, this is reality now.

i don't understand daydreaming. i mean, what is is. thinking that it could be that way or it could have been that way is pointless. again, thoughts not emotions.

now if you want to analyze a new strategy for the future and consider "what ifs," sure, but that computational process doesn't require emotional involvement. might require a lot of dreaming though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
But things are about to get bad and it's reasonable to express the emotions this evokes. Yeah, the elections in the next few years should be a hoot. But things can suck til then. You sorta sound fake-zen. I'm not entirely buying your mellow tone. Defense mechanism?

fact is we don't know what's going to happen. maybe things get great. maybe things go worse than we imagined. doesn't matter. of course there's fear and hope always pulling in each direction. i want neither.

what we need to survive is to look at what is actually in front of our eyes, our senses, our mental perceptions, and do what is best at that time.

the difference between life and a game of chess is that chess has hard rules (you play within the rules) whereas in life new rules can at all times be re/invented. so outcomes are not as predictable.

i'm not talking about changing the laws of physics by willpower (duh), i'm talking about looking for opportunities to advance our cause (your cause, his cause their cause) at every turn. that is all. do you want to deal, or do you want to get trapped in the fear/hope russian roulette of the mind.

the only reasonable choice (the one that preserves reason) is of course to deal. and the greater the danger, the greater the imperative to face it--and quickly.

if you find yourself in a burning building-- you don't sit down and bemoan your luck, do you? You look for an exit and get the fuck out. If the danger is real, anyway, you are forced to snap out of self-pity and deal with your emergency. So snap out of it and do something about your impending charred crust.

ETA: Defense mechanisms can be healthy. see: level IV: http://www.delawaretoday.com/Blogs/T...d-and-the-Bad/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defence_mechanisms
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|