View Single Post
Old 09.16.2009, 12:57 PM   #28
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I actually think REAL EMOTIONAL TRASH and PIG LIB are both fantastic records, surprisingly (don't like the other two really). I mean, Malkmus is a bit boring as a songwriter (not really into guitar solos and shit usually which a lot of his songs have) and the energy/sloppiness of Pavement's early work is what attracts me to them -- so I'm surprised that he's able to write somewhat "mature" music that is actually quite listenable and interesting and hooky and melodically pleasing. His lyrics lately have been terrible though.. worse than ever.

Yeah, I don't really "care" about lyrics but why did Malkmus's lyrics suddenly get... non-cryptic... direct.. and uninteresting, after Slanted? Anyone know?

I don't think the lyrics on Btc or WZ are non-cryptic, direct, or uninteresting
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|