View Single Post
Old 11.23.2006, 02:59 PM   #8
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by wax
none of them.
they should just release rare stuff. start up sonic death again. charge a bit for a subscription then dish out some cds with rare stuff on.
half of sonic youth fans were not even old enough to go out on their own when daydream was released, so theyve probly only bought it within the last 10 years of their life....which lets face it, isnt that long as you start to get older. i got into the youth in the 2nd half of the 90's and my cds are still in pristine condition. id rather shed out for something INTERESTING than something i already have just because im a completist.

So I'm guessing you found the reissued Dirty and Goo a bit pointless then? I personally find it really interesting to see where the sound comes from and how they develop the songs from earlier versions etc.
But I do agree that it would be nice to hear some completely new stuff, they must have gazillions of recordings that we're just never going to hear.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is 'sonic death'? I thought that was a CD of theirs...