Thread: religion
View Single Post
Old 07.31.2006, 09:41 PM   #74
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
There are a lot of people ho have taught some very amazing truths which humans can live by. I think Jesus was one of these such people. He said some absolutely thruthful things. Whether Jesus was the Son of God or not, he was a great philosopher. And that is what I believe in. I beleive in his philosophy, not his divinity.

The problem with religion is that it is interpreted too literally by mindless, android-like people. Their religion is enslaving their minds by hindering the human experience. They are so secluded in their beleifs that they cannot possibly see that some other, contradicting belief may be possible or true. Thisnsi my problem with religion. People start wars over religion. People use religiona s a source for power rather than a source for salvation and inner peace. People hate other people because they don't beleive in their religion or their version of that religion. It's all too powerfula dn is too touchy a subject for all people to discuss it amicably and not be offended.

Look at the Middle East. A lot of the fighting over there is about religion. Some of it is about economic situations, land distribution and border disputes, but it all keeps coming back to religious differences.

Look at here in America: Some whacko's are protesting at U.S. soldiers funerals with signs that read "God hates Fags" and other such nonsense. You know where they learned that shit? The Bible. It's in there. The Bible says early on that God looks unfavorably on homosexual acts. It does not say that God HATES homosexuals, but it isn't His bag. This to me seems like archaic beleifs in a biological function that was not understood at the time it was written. Homosexuality, for whatever evolutionary reason, is a natural function of mammals.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|