View Single Post
Old 05.26.2017, 05:20 PM   #254
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Bertrand, have you ever heard of Oiseaux-Tempête? If you ever have a chance, go see them. That is if you like post-rock like the acts on Constellation Records (Godspeed Yo Black Emperor, etc)
I was in Paris for work a couple of weeks ago, and the meeting was ended way earlier than I had expected, so I checked the internet for what was going on tonight an this band was playing at the Trabendo. All I read from their site was:
1. post-rock
2. G.W. Sok

And that was reason enough for me to try them out. And I'm glad I went, they blew me away. Not continuously, but some songs were truly brilliant. They are a French band, and they don't play that much I guess live, and don't play outside of France that much either. So chances are slim that I may see them soon. But I do hope I will, especially if Mr Sok is joining them again.
Oh and their current lineup features Mondkopf, so the sound is like a mix between Constellation Records and Nine Inch Nails. I guess because I don't really know how NIN sounds. Maybe Ministry then ;-)
And to make it even more special, the band also features two musicians from Beirut on traditional instruments.

Because this was a last moment decision, I didn't bring my recording gear with me, which I now really regret. I still have one of their songs on my head and I don't think it's on any of their albums and it drives me nuts because I want to hear it again.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|