Thread: dancehall
View Single Post
Old 06.27.2006, 04:56 PM   #6
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Elephant Man got in hot water in the UK over his 'burn down a batty man' lyric.

Beenie Man got in hot water in the States over something or other - I think this was a political thing rather than a lyrical thing.

Buju Banton got into similar trouble in the early 90's.

I loves me dancehall, but I get put off by the terrible lyrics. I recently re-discovered a lady saw album at the back of my collection. She comes highly recommended on the basis of her 'what the fuck did she just say?' lyrics. Possibly the filthiest woman alive.

I happen to think Sizzla is one of the greatest voices in modern music. I am also slightly reticent to buy his music as a result of his explicit political leanings.

It's one of those can of worms arguments, someone will eventually ask the question of whether or not it's homophobia if the country doesn't really have gays... sort of a similar question to the Nordic Church burning death metaller racists who've probably never seen a black man in their lives. Whatever, bullshit is bullshit. Dancehall is more annoying because their bullshit comes clothed in some outstanding music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|