View Single Post
Old 03.21.2013, 01:07 PM   #200
raiinking
little trouble girl

raiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
yeah, well thats because it doesn't sound like a shitty art school fart school project. you know, kim moaning and lee dicking around on a guitar and all.

in other words......sonic youth were nothing but an art school fart school college art project for kim and lee. besides, kim wasn't even an musician, but a so-called artist. and lee was a fucking pothead Deadhead dicking around on his axe.

Thruston was the true upper upper middle class geek that wanted to rock. the rest of sonic youth were just art school fart school fags trying to expand upon their art career. kim and lee never would've took punk rock seriously and would have continued to look at it through their postmodern ironic art filter if not for Thurston.

except steve.

nuff said.

I cannot believe a fan of Sonic Youth would feel this way. That is horrific. Sonic Youth is the sum of it's parts. That's why sonic youth is amazing. The different personalities that you hear in different songs. It's part of why they're my favorite band. Kim is my personal hero. Lee wrote some of the best sy lyrics. Steve is an incredible drummer and him joining the band made a huge impact on the way they sounded. Thurston is of course incredible but I'm sure he would be shocked to see that someone who listens to his music would think this way of the people he has spent the last 30 years of his life with.

and on a side note doesn't anybody else like Free Kitten?
That is my favorite Non-Sonic band that a member started. I'm cool with Chelsea Light Moving- it's like Thurston's Free Kitten that happened to start while they are on hiatus. That's the only reason it made me feel weird and I guess is making the rest of us uncertain about SY's future.

Just think of it as his solo shit got a band name. That's what he said in an interview basically. That was the band that traveled with him as Thurston Moore but he just prefers to be in a band "it feels like being in a gang."

Chelsea light moving is a very good band. I just saw them in Atlanta with Merchandise. They were awesome. Groovy and Linda is officially MY SONNNGG.

I am really stoked that Chelsea Light Moving is touring and playing shows with underground up and coming bands like Merchandise and Grass Widow-and they are playing clubs. It's awesome. Keith Morris is doing this with OFF. It makes me proud of Thurston. This is the way to do it. It's not like they're starting out at the Variety Playhouse - they're playing the earl. It's cool. AND the record is like 15 bucks with a 5 dollar 7". That is awesome.

NOW here's the serious part. When am I gonna get a new Free Kitten album and tour - KIM?
raiinking is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|