View Single Post
Old 10.01.2020, 08:09 PM   #9310
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i think nobody was ever going to agree on everything here, but the way things have gone off the deep end these last years is... not unprecedented, because we know 20th century history, but still a shock.

I hear ya. It is indeed worrying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =!@#$%!
e.g., i used to think beauregard was just nice guy who maybe was a bit simple in his conceptualizations, but nope... there's a malicious core underneath his smarmy pretense.

I certainly don't take him for someone just here to troll. I do believe he's in some way trying to get confused/uncertain people on his side. I've been seeing a few more voices in support of, or at least not completely averse to Trump on that board as of late. While I don't think there's one factor that's the cause of that (each person has their own story to tell and most of us live in completely different parts of the world), there's no denying that if you continually take part in an enduring discourse, you certainly influence that discourse in one way or another. He has that pretense of a polite, humble participant in a broader conversation that is marked by sheer "differences of opinion", whilst circulating harmful/untrue conspiracy theories and dog-whistles. And I think it's important to see through that veneer. Completely with ya on that.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|