Thread: World Music
View Single Post
Old 09.12.2006, 11:04 AM   #35
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
the best place ive ever found for world music is the library.
birmingham music library is a fucking goldmine for all types of music except for rock n pop, (which aint all that bad)
i got into ianis xenakis from the libaray as well as loads of kool rock stuff.
amazing dub and reggae section, folk, blues, jazz. and with the listening posts you can book for an hour, you cant go wrong. take a shitload of interesting looking cds and sit down and listen for an hour and you find some good stuff.
the world section is the best.
i went thru a phase of ripping all their good stuff, but its all on MD and my MD player is fkd. so i cant share it.
when i get back to england ill dig this thread up and put some amazing korean and japanese crazy trad instrument stuff up.
also ive got some beautiful eastern european stuff.

my friend made me a mix tape and put this song, which is one of my favorite songs ever on. he got it from one of his dads lps, but he lives in germany now and cant get hold of the lp.
its a cross between eastern european gypsey music and irish fiddle music.
if i could get this album, id be ok for new music for months.
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|