View Single Post
Old 11.17.2014, 12:33 AM   #1373
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I guess I'm surprised. But I'm not. On one hand you love gangsta shit, and Mobb Deep is gangsta shit. In my mind they are the Three 6 of the East. So dark and gloomy. It's all nihilism and glass-half-empty. Spooky beats. But then again, you're not a huge East Coast fan. You pick and choose. So just cuz I think Mobb is one of the greatest on the East scene, doesn't mean that should matter to you.

They've definitely released some albums that every hip hop fan should hear. And they definitely have incredible skill. Underestimating them is foolish. For those of us who love them, they seem like an impossible group to overlook, but I really don't think they necessarily go down easy for every rap fan.

But I think their rhymes are sick, and their beats are fucking ill. They wax a bit philosophical from time to time, and I like that too.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|