View Single Post
Old 05.09.2012, 05:15 PM   #15718
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
That's a great point re DeNiro's La Motta and Zampano. I'd never thought of it before. I'm sure Scorsese is a big Fellini fan so even if it isn't directly inspired, I'm sure it's in there somewhere.

I've seen all the batman movies now, I think. I watched them all in quite quick succession so they've sort of blurred into one but my faves were the first two (with Michael Keaton) and the last two (with Christian Bale). I know everyone raves about Bale's Batman and he is great but I just loved Michael Keaton in the first two. But then I'm increasingly becoming a big Michael Keaton fan in general.

I wasn't that into Val Kilmer's one, or George Clooney's but I did quite like Jim Carey's Riddler in Batman Forever and Uma Thurman's Poison Ivy in Batman and Robin. Although, overall, I'd say that was the movie I liked the least.

Fave Batman: Keaton
Fave Villain: Danny DeVito's Penguin (gives the film a quite dark, almost Dickensian, Christmas feel where the others tend to be played primarily just for laughs)
Worst Batman: Val Kilmer (Clooney's film is worse but on paper he might not have been a bad choice. Val Kilmer just doesn't work at all for me, either as an idea or in the film itself)
Worst Villain: Arnie's Mr Freeze.

The one thing I'll say about all the movies, though, is that I never liked any of their Alfreds. They all seem to up the 'father figure' thing a bit too much. I much preferred the more straightforwardly arch Alfred played by Alan Napier in the 60s TV show.

Oh, and yes, I believe Michael Chapman did cinematography for Jaws, although I suppose the real camera heroes in that film were Ron and Valerie Taylor who did all the underwater stuff.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|