View Single Post
Old 11.30.2006, 03:26 PM   #450
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
Been listening to this bootleg nonstop, i`m starting to love it like a sick fuck...The crowd sounds really intense, and Nirvana`s performance is absolutely fucking brilliant...So weird when he asks the crowd not to clap during "Polly" I used to have a recording of the 24/02/1994 Palatrussardi Milan Italy show, Cobain also asked the italian crowd not to clap because clapping ruined the song....By the way, there`s some excerpts from the day by day eyewitness chronicle book, by Carrie Borzillo-Vrennna. I`m reading it again for the 100th time, or something.

February 14, 1994.
In London, the 1994 Brit Awards are taking place. Nirvana, which isn`t present, loses to crowded house for Best Internacional Group. Over in Paris, France, the band performs at the Zenith. There was never much activity backstage at a Nirvana show, but at this gig the promoters arranged a little get-together.
"It was this weird futuristic, stadium place with metal spiral stairs and two different dressing rooms with a party going down below", says Melora Creager."Kurt just yelled from the balcony, `i don`t drink!` Dave and Krist were there. I think Dave was really good at saying hi to people and doing all of the industry stuff. After every show, Kurtwould just lay down on a couch and just wait to leave."
Also in Paris, Melora goes shopping at flea markets, Kurt sees a homeopathic doctor for his increasingly sore throat, and the band does a very disturbing photo shoot with Paris photographer Youri Lenquette. The most shocking photo from the session is the one with the band on a car and Kurt has the barrel of a rifle in his mouth.

February 24-25, 1994
Nirvana plays two shows in Milan, Italy at Palatrussardi. "I remember one annoying thing", says melora. "The audience would always clap during "Polly", because it`s acoustic and they would clap in rhythm, and Kurt thought it messed us up so he`d announce before the song, `Please don`t clap along, we`re bad musicians.` And i`m like, `I`m not a bad musician and neither are you.`"" Backstage, everyone would be hanging out in the Melvins`dressing room, but Kurt just lay on the couch, according to Mellora. The 24th is Kurt and Courtney`s second wedding anniversary, they spend it apart:

Hey! Thanks for posting these excerpts. "The Last Valentine" is truly one of the best Nirvana boots I've ever heard. They seemed so focused during these last shows, for whatever reason they just were perfect. & as far as Kurt & his interaction w/ the crowd, it was one of the most unique of anyone ever. It truly was a love/hate relationship between Kurt & his fans.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|