Thread: Effects
View Single Post
Old 01.23.2007, 06:06 PM   #350
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by next step
yes they sound very dark/warm to be digital! probably even cause their low resolution that in the mid 80s was regular. then they are up to 2sec (and more) and I dont think in the mid 80 there were so much 2sec digital delay guitar pedals!

I'm sure they were used even for techno live music till the early 90s. cause they have warm bass freq and thay allow just a short loop.

I love the Digitech PDS-1002! for all of those reasons! and i suppose thats why Lee still uses these units...

I actually had a PDS-2000 which was also made in the 80's and it had an unprecedented 8 second delay/loop ability (along with switching to 2 seconds, and 500 ms? i think) i bought it off ebay for like $150 about 5 years ago. Unfortunately the unit was giving out, the capacitors were shot and soem other components, the repeat was decaying in a very bad way so the sound was not any good and i had to part ways with it.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|