View Single Post
Old 12.21.2016, 12:05 PM   #3870
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Wait, so... you think Turbo Grafx is still an actual thing? Fuck man, it's been like 10 months since he last mentioned it, and the original intended release date came and went 6 months ago. Haven't heard a peep about it since. In fact, the most recent reference I heard to a new album (not counting Cruel Winter, which should, but probably won't, be out soon) was when Chance talked about how Good Ass Job was still in progress, and that was like ... in July or some shit.

With Kanye you really never know. Likely he won't release anything at all until Pablo's 1st birthday. He seems to like having at least a year and a half between solo albums. And based on his history, I'd wager whatever does come out next will probably not be anything we expect. Probably won't be called Turbo Hragx or Good Ass Job... I'm even starting to wonder if Cruel Winter is actually happening as planned.

I think it would be cool if he released the additional Yeezus material that we were supposed to get 6 months after Yeezus came out (hah!). I find myself wondering about what might be in those vaults. Maybe there's a full blown Yeezus sequel. Or maybe it's just odds and ends, enough for a companion compilation a la untitled unmastered.

Or maybe he's done. I would not be surprised if he was. I've actually kinda been bracing myself for it all year. One of the reasons I went out of my way to see him live.

But in all likelihood we'll have to wait 2˝ years for the next thing to drop, and when it does it will be weird and alienating and not at all what most people think they want... like all the best Kanye records.
A tentative tracklist actually leaked a while ago and all the tracks were named after old video games. I'm still optimistic about TURBO GRAFX. Might come out sooner than we know.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|