View Single Post
Old 03.22.2006, 10:06 AM   #26
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Pryor on Fire
They are very easy to hate, but I like it, it's not the fifth best record from the uk. but I think it's solid, so maybe I'm a sucker for contrived dumb shit rock? or maybe it's just a lot easier to renounce something, than to say you like something you know you'll get shit for? fuckindiecred.

No - you're a sucker haha

One of the simplest (albeit most generalized) gauges of a band is if, upon hearing them, you can actually differentiate them from other bands due entirely to their sound. The Arctic Monkeys (along with such bands as the Hives, Jet, the Killers, the Bravery, I would go on but the list is fuckin endless) are aesthetically pleasing clones that, as Jt and jonboy said, cater to this mutant student species whose desire to be carelessly hip leaves them lying awake at night, plotting their next haircut.

I'm even irritating myself now, sounding all anti-hip.

I can't get over the "summat" in that song. I just can't. Even their NAME makes my skin crawl. How clever and quirky!

What ever happened to bands like Van Halen, Guns 'n Roses, hell, even Pantera? I can't say I'm a fan of mullets but that's pure, unadulterated, rock 'n fuckin roll. It wasn't contrived - it was dressed up glam rock, but it knew it, and embraced it. It was pure in its self-indulgence, comfortable in its own skin. If new bands TRULY wanted to push the boundaries, they'd revive genres like that, not ones that are already pre-stamped with approval.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|