View Single Post
Old 09.26.2010, 05:34 PM   #29
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
Then you're being silly. I'm sure there are older generations within Black America™ who can appreciate Curtis, whether it be his solo material, his work with the Impressions or all the hits he wrote for other people (namely Aretha, the Staples Singers), or material he's sampled on.. but it's not like everyone is funking all the time. James Brown still endures though, I gotta say. He never gets old for B-boy shit and I still hear him played regularly as an accompaniment when entertaining kids get on the subway "IT'S SHOW TIME."

The same thing sort of happens when (largely white) dudes buy up old blues comps and think "FUCK YEAH MAN," head on down to the Delta expecting to find everyone sitting on their porches singing about how this ole world's in a helluva fix...when all they come across are dudes blasting Lil Wayne and Slipknot.
Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|