View Single Post
Old 12.18.2016, 02:00 AM   #20254
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't seen Suicide Squad so I can't critique it, nor can I defend it. Maybe it comes down to a lot of wasted potential. That's the impression I got. Maybe they should have made a Joker/Harley Quinn movie, and not a Suicide Squad movie. Or if not Joker/HQ, a Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy team up movie. Instead you have 11 characters all vying for screen time. I'm sure the reshoots didn't help. I get the impression it was a movie without a goal. If the movie cared about Harley Quinn make it a Harley Quinn film and cut out all the other characters. They could have had Harley join the Suicide Squad at the end of her own movie. DC films seem like they have no direction or plan, they are just throwing movies at the wall hoping one catches an audience. Where Marvel has a five-year plan. They are a well oiled machine at this point, that comes with its own downsides, but at least they stick to their plan, even if one or two of their movies doesn't succeed they give you enough to want to see what they do next.

Tonight I watched Jon Favreau's The Jungle Book, and I thought it was quite good. I was actually pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. I'm animation fan, and I'd say 95% of the time I hate the idea of making something from animation into live-action. I really dread the upcoming Ghost in the Shell and Akira adaptations that are coming. The Jungle Book was solid though.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|