View Single Post
Old 05.13.2010, 09:10 PM   #150
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Hit or miss. I've grown to appreciate it a bit more in time. I LOVE Milk It (even though it's clearly a Melvins ripoff; same bassline, structure, etc), Frances Farmer, Scentless, Serve, Dumb, Very Ape, Radio Friendly. Not a big fan of any of the other songs, but they are all interesting in some way. Heart Shaped kinda goes nowhere, but at least creates a cool atmosphere, with its ugly chord pickings. Rape Me.... I mean, it's kinda cool how it sounds exactly like Smells Like Teen spirit at the beginning, and then considering the content of the song -- it almost seems like a parody of, and a response to, Teen Spirit. Don't like All Apologies at all, aside from the ending. I do remember listening to it once and hearing what sounded like a piece of paper at one point, like Kurt turning a piece of paper with lyrics on it, over.

Decent album, seems a bit conflicted in what they were trying to accomplish, but that adds to the charm. It's also the first CD I ever bought with my own birthday money (first tape I ever got was WALK AMONG US, at age 6). I think I was 8.

I'd like to hear the other version, the mixed version that wasn't released, or whatever infinitemusic's post alludes to.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|