View Single Post
Old 04.04.2015, 02:29 PM   #35
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccagotcursedout
non doubt in my mind. Thousand Leaves is best Sonic album of the 90's.

thought this at the time. has the most raunchy and pretty songs on any SY album. it's beauty and awkward to the non-believer.

Snare Girl is my fav.

I totally agree. I consider it one of their most perfect moments as a band. I never know how to order my Sonic Youth albums, but I always know that ATL is very close to the top at all times.

I have a really weird connection with "Female Mechanic now on Duty," "Karen Koltrane." "Hoarfrost" and "Heather Angel." The record spins me through a rabbit hole of emotions, while keeping me safely rooted to the warm sound of my favorite band jamming it out. The vibe stays positive, but hints at the existence of an underlying horror that is just out of focus.

Hoarfrost gives me the chills, despite being sung by the safest and most trusted of voices. "Heather Angel" feels like it should fill me with anxiety but it doesn't.
In fact it puts me in a very "punk rock" place, like Wire's "Mannequin" or something from Unknown Pleasures. I really would need a term paper or dissertation to fully describe my feelings about ATL.
Severian is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|