View Single Post
Old 08.23.2006, 04:49 PM   #30
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
I tend to buy cds more than I do vinyl...as blasphemous as that is. I tend to keep vinyl for stuff that is not out of cd, is cheaper than on cd (a rare occurence) or something that would be nicer on vinyl. Eg. I recently got that Nuggets comp on vinyl even though it was cheaper on cd and also that souljazz Tropicalia comp on vinyl (although that was dirt cheap)

For some reason, I find that quite flimsy vinyl sounds nicer to me than heavy vinyl in a lot of cases. I have a bunch of cheap Beefheart LPs...I guess they are reissues from the 80s, they have Virgin Mid Price Range on the inner sleeve, and they sound nice to me.

The most I have paid for a record was about $42 for Live at Kens Electric Lake by NNCK. Which isn't that bad really with the exchange rate at the moment. And it is a double. Well, for a used record anyway...I think that 3LP By the Roots lp on timelag was about the same, if not a bit more.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|