Thread: Mix Tapes
View Single Post
Old 08.09.2006, 05:02 AM   #337
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
I don't know the next track. Can't even make a guess. A good bit of lo-fi pop punk. I would guess early 80's. I've listened to it a few times and think I should know it and it's so good, why haven't I heard it before?

Ohio Express's Yummy Yummy Yummy but by who? Sounds like Royal Trux, or the vocals certainly sound like Jennifer. I'm probably completely off the mark on this one. Makes a good noise though.
Track three is (I think - I didn't keep a track listing so I'm relying on my memory) "Andy Watch Out" by Paul Groovy and the Pop Art Experience. They were one of many bands to not emerge from Portsmouth in the mid to late eighties when the place had a great music scene from which Cranes were the only band to break through. My "seeing bands in the formative stages" claim - I was at Cranes' first ever public live show. I preferred them then to now.

The cover of Yummy Yummy Yummy is by L7, from SST's "The Melting Plot" compilation.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|