View Single Post
Old 09.01.2014, 06:15 AM   #14
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
I'm surprised he pushed his green Sovtek / gray Civil War Big Muff off his board for a Metal Muff, especially after getting it modded/repaired by Analogman... though he has leaned towards "metal" tones when going for extreme distortion. I had a metal muff (w/ top boost) for a little while and it just sounded like a muddy mess and it didn't reach the volumes needed and made my amp (Fender twin Reverb) suck wind like it just ran for miles and couldn't catch breathe. I have two Tall Font Sovtek Big Muffs they rule real hard and its my most used pedal.

Green Muffs are probably my favorite fuzz pedals out there, but I actually just got a Metal Muff the other day, coincidentally. Found one really cheap (The original model) with box for $40.

I've only played with it a little and I actually think it's pretty good, though I am pretty fond of most EHX pedals. It's really easy for it to sound messy, usually I have the distortion between 3 and 5 and the volume slightly higher to counter all the gain it can give. It sounds good, not sure how much I'll use it though to be honest.

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|