View Single Post
Old 07.09.2007, 04:04 AM   #4
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
ok so i went to this gig too all away from budapest and it was great altho i expected it to be better to be honest.
the venue itself was amazing, it was so beautiful i almost pissed in my pants.
not just the 'theather' but whole ostia antica, full of ancient ruins. just beautiful, especially at sunset. sonic youth seemed very excited to play in this venue too.
but i was kinda dissapointed cause the sound was not really great )at least where i sat).
thurston's and kim's mic werent amplified correctly, i could barely hear them.
and as someone in the 'sonic youth in ferrara' thread said, you could see that the band was not so much into playing ddn in its entirely, and when they played the newer songs they seemed to like it better.
encore was purely rather ripped songs.
incinirate, reena, rapture, jams run free, or.
altogether it was a great experience and a great gig, im really sorry that the sound wasnt that great.
and 2 nic fit: going back to rome after the gig was a nightmare, the nightbus was laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate, and so many people were waiting that only the half of them could get on the bus, so i had to wait for another one... i got home at 3:30...
ooh yeah and the crowd was exactly how you discribed them in this other thread. crazy pogoing going on in the first rows, and behind them, many people talking ... thats very annoying man. why do people keep talking to each other when their favoirite band is playing???

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|