View Single Post
Old 09.23.2016, 07:06 PM   #263
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sound
i was really disappointed by this. i know it's supposed to be loose sketches, so it's hard to compare it to his best works. SONGS OF FORGIVENESS is one of the best albums i've ever heard ever. 13 moons is great too. this... maybe i should listen to it again?

Well, it is just sketches yes, and if you're looking for something like 13 moons, it doesn't even come moderately close. But... I dunno. I just really like Jefre.

It's kind of like the Cheetah EP Aphex Twin dropped this year. Not on the level of the studio albums, or even close, but it wasn't supposed to be. And Jefre is, in my opinion, such a necessary presence in modern music that even his little sketches, like RDJ's single system experiments, are better than most of what's out there.

I think In Summer has some very moving, sweeping, downright beautiful guitar work on it that can't be found in anything else that's out this year. So. Yeah.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|