View Single Post
Old 08.21.2011, 05:16 AM   #4
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Here's something about Nico in the book"Linda McCartney,A Portrait"byDanny Fields
''Morrissey was,to his infinite credit,Nico's main protector[actually her manager,but that's too impersonal a definition of their relationship]when it came to dealing with the real world.In September 1968,he had just arrived in London with Warhol when Paul McCartney called him at his hotel and said,to Morrissey's astonishment,"Hello,it's Paul.Listen,I have a favor to ask of you.Could you come over to my house?"
"I didn't know what he wanted,until he said it was about Nico.I knew she was in London,but not until that moment did I have any idea that she was staying at Paul McCartney's house."Morrissey remembers."So,I went over there,and he showed me the house,and then he said "You know,I have Nico here,I invited her to stay here about two weeks ago;she had no money and I just thought it was for a few days,and she had nowhere else to go.I like her and she's very nice but I have to ask her to leave and I don't know how to do this,and I thought that since you're here,and you're her manager,maybe you could do that."
Although not in love with her,Paul seems to have been slightly scared of Nico,like all the other young men in her life.Let's say"shy with"rather than "scared of".
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|