View Single Post
Old 04.19.2006, 11:23 AM   #56
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfreepress (sdasher)
but who will bartend in the west village now?

ps. this would be great news if you ask me

bartend in the west village?
do you mean the Great Jones Bar/Restaruant?
I have a friend of a friend who is part owner of that place, but this was several years ago when i was told Ibold was working there...

anyways Pavement was a good band, eventhough i read an informative article/interview of Malkmus discussing the recording process and songwriting in and behind Pavement in that Tape Op Book, Malkmus went into some detail and implied some rather unflattering things about Ibold... I was suprised to read that Malkmus actually came up with many bass parts in Pavement and not Ibold, and Malkmus showed the parts to Mark. even knowing that i always thought Pavement's weak link was with the bass...

so i'm not too suprised with this news (if its true) based on past connections and what not, and i'm sure he'll do fine. I just curiously hoping he doesn't actually become a permanent 5th member because i question abit of his songwriting and ability to come up w/ interesting bass parts. but thats nothign to worry about right now.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|