View Single Post
Old 06.19.2012, 03:19 PM   #1580
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Yeah, as far as collapses go it was very unspectacular. But what's the story with Huntelaar's black eye?

I still think a moment of individual quality could've seen them through at least to the quarter finals (still a big comedown considering they were a lot of people's favourites) but their problem definitely seemed to be a total lack of any kind of connection within the team. I don't know what was going on behind the scenes but they definitely didn't look like a 'team'. So to speak. I think the big question is why Holland are so prone to this kind of in-fighting. Even when things are going well they seem constantly on the verge of some kind of falling out.

I'm pretty sure the fireworks are going to come out in the next few days. I'll be disappointed if it's not going to be at least somewhat spectacular. Rumours/stories so far:

- there being two different groups in the squad... 1 around Sneijder wanting to play more offensive and 1 around Van Persie being more supportive of the current strategy.
- Bouma having punched a medic after the Germany game.
- Huntelaar being told he must shut up or else leave the tournament.
- Van der Wiel claiming his team mates wouldn't give him the ball (that might be a good thing actually, he obviously doesn't know what to do with it)

Huntelaar's black eye happened in a trip to the USA with Schalke 04 just before the Euros. He's been somewhat unlucky with his head this season. First a double-fractured nose at Schalke, followed by a nasty collision in a friendly with England and finally a concussion + black eye.

I don't know if Holland are particularly prone to infighting, but they certainly are more prone to it than England I think.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|